Firefly Ice Blue: Core Enclosure
Posted by denisbohm on October 08, 2013. 0 Comments
The Firefly Ice Blue core enclosure design files are now available:
GitHub: Firefly Ice Mechanical
The Firefly Ice Blue core enclosure design has 4 elements:
- plastic “back” in black PC
- plastic “shell” in colored PC
- plastic “spacer” in black PC
- plastic “top” in clear PC
The spacer and top are co-molded into a single piece, so there are only 3 parts for final assembly. The final assembly process is very simple:
- Press the top/spacer into the shell.
- Bond the top/spacer to the shell with a solvent applied to the inner seam.
- Place the electronic assembly onto the mounting posts.
- Snap the back piece on.
The shell will come in green, pink, blue, and black :
The core parts are all generated by a Python script run inside Rhino 3D. That makes it easy to tweak the design.
There are no comments